Pineapple Cheddar Spread Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- Celery sticks
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and soy sauce until smooth. Beat in the cheddar cheese, pineapple, almonds, green pepper and onion. Serve with celery. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat cream cheese, fat-free mayonnaise, reduced-sodium soy sauce, and reduced-fat cheddar cheese) equals 150 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 fruit.