I came across this easy idea when looking for something new and unique to impress guests. The slightly sweet spread received rave reviews from friends. Try it with celery sticks or crackers the next time you need a fast appetizer. — Rebecca Pester Beale Air Force Base, California
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- Celery sticks
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and soy sauce until smooth. Beat in the cheddar cheese, pineapple, almonds, green pepper and onion. Serve with celery. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Pineapple Cheddar Spread in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p37
Reviews for Pineapple Cheddar Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review