Perfect for Easter Sunday, Sandy Moyer sends Pineapple Casserole. “It is a wonderful side dish with ham,” she writes from Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 5 slices white bread, cubed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
- eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in
- pineapple. Gently fold in bread cubes.
- Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve warm.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 335 calories, 21 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 134 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.