Pineapple Carrot Salad
With carrots, celery and pineapple, this medley has a crunchy texture and tangy taste, but Ruth Noland of San Jose, California believes one ingredient makes the salad extra special. "Dates add just the right amount of sweetness," she says.
6-7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) julienned carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, carrots, pineapple, celery
- and dates. Stir in sour cream until coated. Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-7 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 166 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.