Pineapple Carrot Bread Recipe
My home is located in the Delaware Valley of Pennsylvania. This bread has the wonderful flavor of carrot cake, which is dearly loved in this part of the country. Because it's made with carrots, this bread is nutritious as well as economical-two important qualities in my home.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons milk, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs; add carrots, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- 2. Spoon into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. If glaze is desired, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 192 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Carrot Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC