Pineapple Carrot Bread Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons milk, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs; add carrots, oil, pineapple and vanilla. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Spoon into two greased and floured 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- If glaze is desired, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Pineapple Carrot Bread(1)
Sort By :
My husband gave me a wierd look when I told him what I was making but he ended up loving it! I substitute pureed white beans (with a little water to make the same consistancy as oil) for oil in all of my quick breads, you can't taste the difference but the texture is lighter and less greasy. I know it sounds wierd but once you try it you'll never go back to oil.