Pineapple-Caramel Sponge Cakes Recipe
Want the flavor of pineapple-upside-down cake without the heat and hassle of turning on the oven? Whip up Lynn Mahle’s delicious no-bake dessert. Only four ingredients make it a fuss-free winner for the Quincy, Florida reader!
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 4 individual round sponge cakes
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine pineapple and caramel topping. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place sponge cakes on dessert plates. Top each with a scoop of ice cream and 1/4 cup pineapple sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 355 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple-Caramel Sponge Cakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC