Pineapple-Caramel Sponge Cakes Recipe
Want the flavor of pineapple-upside-down cake without the heat and hassle of turning on the oven? Whip up Lynn Mahle’s delicious no-bake dessert. Only four ingredients make it a fuss-free winner for the Quincy, Florida reader!
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 4 individual round sponge cakes
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small saucepan, combine pineapple and caramel topping. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Place sponge cakes on dessert plates. Top each with a scoop of ice cream and 1/4 cup pineapple sauce. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple-Caramel Sponge Cakes in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p29
Reviews for Pineapple-Caramel Sponge Cakes(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2012
Simple, delicious, and the topping keeps well in the fridge. Also good with pound cake, or even angel food.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Topping Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Caramel Cake >
- Desserts >
- Easy Cake Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Desserts >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Desserts >
- Quick Recipes >