"I often prepare this moist golden cake at Easter, but it's wonderful just about any time of year," relates Linda Sakal of Biloxi, Mississippi. Pineapple frosting provides the fast finishing touch.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Beat in oranges until blended. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine pineapple and dry pudding mix; fold in whipped topping. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Layer Cake in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p48
Reviews for Pineapple Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review