- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Beat in oranges until blended. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine pineapple and dry pudding mix; fold in whipped topping. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Cake
"DO NOT MAKE PUDDING. add mix dry. This is such a good cake."
"Do you make pudding then add or just add dry pudding"
"This was delicious and so easy to make. Everyone loved how fruity and light it was. I will definitely be making it again. I think I'll try it with mango next time!"
"I made this and I cant get the pudding rightAre you supposed to add milk or just the dry pudding powder with the pineapples and whip.I made the pudding with the milk and pineapples first but its too watery. Help please"
"This recipe is a favorite of mine now. My daughter made it for a family gathering and I love it. She made it in a 9 X 13 pan and added sliced almonds to the top and maraschino cherries down the middle. Either way it is moist and tasty with a light yummy frosting!"