Pineapple Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Beat in oranges until blended. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Combine pineapple and dry pudding mix; fold in whipped topping. Spread between layers and over top and sides of cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Cake
"DO NOT MAKE PUDDING. add mix dry. This is such a good cake."
"Do you make pudding then add or just add dry pudding"
"This was delicious and so easy to make. Everyone loved how fruity and light it was. I will definitely be making it again. I think I'll try it with mango next time!"
"I made this and I cant get the pudding rightAre you supposed to add milk or just the dry pudding powder with the pineapples and whip.I made the pudding with the milk and pineapples first but its too watery. Help please"
"This recipe is a favorite of mine now. My daughter made it for a family gathering and I love it. She made it in a 9 X 13 pan and added sliced almonds to the top and maraschino cherries down the middle. Either way it is moist and tasty with a light yummy frosting!"
"My mother has been making this classic dessert for years. The first time I followed the recipe exactly as written. The second time I prepared it according the measurements of my mom's recipe. Smaller can of pineapple and it is not drained. Also, used only one tub of cool whip. Both are great but you will get more of the delightful frosting following ToH version. Highly recomend!"
"I made this for Easter and everyone said it was amazing! I made mine in a bundt pan. They were asking for the recipe."
"I love this for pineapple delicious amazing wow"
"This cake is scrumptious!! It's very light with just the right moistness, and so easy to put together. The whipped topping is perfect--not too sweet. With Double Vanilla ice cream on the side, over-the-top yummy! It would be perfect for a bridal or baby shower or an elegant luncheon."
"Also taste wonderful with Devils food cake!!!! yummy!"
"I make this cake as a sheet cake for birthdays at work. It has had great reviews to the point my coworkers are asking each other who's birthday is next."
"I used a can of mandarin oranges in juice. I used the juice instead of the water called for in the cake mix directions. I did have to use a little water because it wasn't quite enough juice. My family really enjoyed the cake."
"I make this cake for a potluck and everyone loved it. Will make it again and again."
"This is the best cake and everyone loves it. Whenever I give it away, they ask for the recipe. Thanks :-)"
"A very dear friend gave me this recipe years ago and I have made it many times. Very popular, easy to make and the compliments keep coming. A great pot luck dessert."
"I make this one every Easter now."
"Knitgal, yes you can use sugar free pudding. I have with no problems."
"could you use sugarfree pudding?"
"I have made this cake since the receipe appeared in Quick Cooking. Everyone loves it and asks for the receipe."
"This has been a favorite of ours since it first appeared in your magazine. Thanks!"