Pineapple Cake Filling
Make a layer cake extra special with this wonderful filling. Serve it at your next birthday party.Ray Lyons, Junction City, Arkansas
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Combine the sugar and flour. Add to
- the pan; stir until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredient. Bring
- to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Cool.
- Spread over two layers of yellow cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 224 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 133 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.