VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Combine the sugar and flour. Add to the pan; stir until smooth. Stir in the remaining ingredient. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Cool.
- Spread over two layers of yellow cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Cake Filling in Reminisce July/August 1991, p27
Reviews forPineapple Cake Filling
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2009
"I made this today and shared it with some of my coworkers. The pineapple filling is wonderful, easy and very quick. I would suggest this to everyone."