Pineapple Buttermilk Sherbet
This icy sweet sherbet from Dolores Kastello of Waukesha, Wisconsin stirs up easily for freezing in a jiffy.
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; stir until sugar is
- dissolved. Pour into an 8-in.-square dish. Cover and freeze 1 to
- 1-1/2 hours or until mixture begins to harden.
- Stir; freeze 3-4 hours longer or until firm, stirring occasionally.
- To use, remove from freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 1-1/4
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/2 cup) equals 113 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 57 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.