Pineapple Bundt Cake Recipe
Fruity and firm-textured, this beautiful cake comes from Fayne Lutz, a field editor from Taos, New Mexico. She writes a recipe column for her local newspaper.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, egg whites and extract until well blended. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple.
- 2. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 302 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC