Fruity and firm-textured, this beautiful cake comes from Fayne Lutz, a field editor from Taos, New Mexico. She writes a recipe column for her local newspaper.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, egg whites and extract until well blended. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple.
- Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Bundt Cake in Taste of Home February/March 1995, p67
Reviews for Pineapple Bundt Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review