Pineapple Breeze Torte Recipe
This lovely, torte from Barbara Joyner of Franklin, Virginia features lady fingers, a creamy filling and a crushed pineapple topping that would be great for the holidays. “It's a special treat for my large family, and a must at Christmas and Easter,” she relates.
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers, split
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheeses, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Arrange ladyfingers on the bottom and around the edge of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Spread bottom layer evenly with half of cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining ladyfingers (ladyfingers may overlap); spread with remaining filling. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pineapple. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature; gently spread over torte. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until set. Remove sides of pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Breeze Torte in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p50
Reviews for Pineapple Breeze Torte(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2010
nice and creame
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2009
I made this wonderful torte, but what I did was I used a can of lemon pie filling and it turn out great.
Paulette zip code 53916
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2009
sounds delicious, a must make for easter. grace
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >