- 3 packages (3 ounces each) soft ladyfingers, split
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- Line bottom and sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan with ladyfinger halves; reserve remaining ladyfingers for layering.
- Beat cream cheeses, sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread half of the mixture over bottom ladyfingers. Layer with remaining ladyfingers, overlapping as needed. Spread with remaining filling. Refrigerate, covered, while preparing topping.
- In a small saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch; stir in pineapple. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Cool completely.
- Spread topping gently over torte. Refrigerate, covered, until set, at least 4 hours. Remove rim from pan. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Breeze Torte in Light & Tasty December/January 2007, p50
Reviews for Pineapple Breeze Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 6, 2010
"nice and creame"
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2009
"I made this wonderful torte, but what I did was I used a can of lemon pie filling and it turn out great.Paulette zip code 53916"
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2009
"sounds delicious, a must make for Easter. grace"