Pineapple Bread Recipe
From Nicholville, New York, Marian Shelton shares this light loaf that gets its subtle sweetness from pineapple juice. "My daughter loves this bread," she reports. "I frequently bake it after we've enjoyed a ham dinner, so we can use it for ham sandwiches."
- 1 cup warm pineapple juice (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied pineapple, optional
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Just before final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the pineapple if desired. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 112 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC