Pineapple Bran Muffins
"These super-moist muffins are just right for breakfast," says Ruth Bolduc of Conway, New Hampshire. Tidbits of pineapple add a touch of sweetness to their mild bran flavor.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/3 cups bran cereal
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cereal. In a bowl, cream
- shortening and sugar. Beat in eggs, cream and honey; stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pineapple. Fill greased
- muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes; remove from
- pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 138 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.