My husband has a green thumb, and our blueberry bushes are proof of his fruitful endeavors. This is one of our family’s favorite blueberry dishes.
Featured In: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) grape gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a measuring cup; add enough water to measure 1 cup. Stir into gelatin. Add pineapple and blueberries. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. dish; cover and refrigerate until firm.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over gelatin. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple-Blueberry Gelatin Salad in Country May 2007, p51
Reviews for Pineapple-Blueberry Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review