Pineapple Berry Freeze
"I'm a chocoholic, but this fruity sherbet is so refreshing and tasty that even I prefer it on a hot summer day," relates Jan Ashworth from Santa Clara, Utah. " Another great thing about this recipe is its simplicity--nothing could be easier." TIP: Jan recommends tucking a few wafer creme cookies alongside each serving of the frosty dessert.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 quarts pineapple sherbet, slightly softened
- 2 medium bananas, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Thaw raspberries on paper towels; set aside. In a large bowl, beat
- sherbet until smooth. Fold in bananas and pecans. Gently fold in
- raspberries. Serve immediately or spoon into a freezer container and
- freeze. Yield: about 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 241 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.