Pineapple Beets Recipe
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt; add pineapple and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add the beets, butter and lemon juice; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 124 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Beets
"If you like beets this is a good recipe, but it is still beets."
"Excellent recipe!!!Delish and so easy to make. Definite keeper !"
"I love beets and this is a great addition using pineapple. I served it Thanksgiving and everyone raved about it. The only change I will make is to double the recipe next time."
"I made this for dinner last night and it was a great success. I substituted one Tablespoon of Splenda Brown Sugar for the 2 Tablespoons brown sugar and it cam out beautiful."