- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits with juice
- 1 can (16 ounces) sliced beets, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and salt; add pineapple and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thick, about 2 minutes.
- Add the beets, butter and lemon juice; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Beets in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p37
Reviews for Pineapple Beets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 3, 2012
If you like beets this is a good recipe, but it is still beets.
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2012
Delish and so easy to make. Definite keeper !