Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry for Two Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1/2 small onion, halved and sliced
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup fresh snow peas
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; set aside.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1/2 teaspoon oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 4. Stir-fry carrots and onion in remaining oil for 4 minutes. Add green pepper and snow peas; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 5. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef and pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup stir-fry with 1/2 cup rice equals 381 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.