Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
This tasty sweet-sour combination from Connie Braisted of Oceanside, California features sirloin instead of chicken for a fun change of pace. Pineapple, red pepper and slices of celery and green onion create a colorful feast for the eyes that's perfect for company or everyday dining.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch thin strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Add beef; turn to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry beef mixture in oil for 2 minutes. Add celery and red pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add onions and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir pineapple and water chestnuts into skillet. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Gradually stir into beef and vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry in Country Woman September/October 2002, p40
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >