Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless beef round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped green chilies
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1 cup pineapple and 3/4 cup juice. (Cover and refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use.) In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, soy sauce, ginger and reserved pineapple juice. Remove 3/4 cup; cover and refrigerate.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the beef and remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Combine cornstarch and reserved juice mixture until smooth. In a skillet, stir-fry beef in oil for 5-6 minutes. Remove beef with a slotted spoon and keep warm. Add the red pepper, beans, chilies and garlic in skillet; stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Stir juice mixture; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Add the onions, beef and the reserved pineapple; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry(1)
Sort By :
Made the following substitutions:
1. chicken for beef
2. water chestnuts for red bell pepper
3. 1/2 tsp ground ginger for 1 Tbsp (we don't really like ground ginger)
4. canned green beans for fresh
5. minced yellow onion for green onions
6. brown rice for white rice
7. upped cornstarch to 1 Tbsp because didn't discard marinade, but added it back as part of the sauce
Turned out okay/good. We didn't really care for the sweetness of the sauce, but the chicken tasted good in the marinade.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >