Pineapple Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1 can (6 ounces) DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 12 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine first six ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 1-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the beef, pineapple, mushrooms, peppers and onion. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally and basting frequently with reserved marinade.
- 4. Cook rice according to package directions; serve with kabobs. Yield: 6 servings.
2 kabobs with 3/4 cup rice equals 412 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.