Pineapple Barbecue Sauce Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup honey barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the pineapple, barbecue sauce, onion and chili sauce. Pour half into a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with pork chops and remaining sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Pineapple Barbecue Sauce Pork Chops
Sort By :
Nope ! Just didn't work for us.
I really wanted to like this, I really did. I followed the recipe to the letter. I was hoping the sauce would become thick and sweet - it was so disappointing. The meat itself was so tender it fell off the bones - but the sauce was way too thin (more like broth than sauce) and was very bland. I served it over white rice with broccoli as a side dish. I used crushed pineapple in juice, and bbq sauce with honey in it - to no avail. I love the concept but not the recipe. I will continue to search for a sweet and sour pork recipe that works in the crock pot. Sorry for the bad review.
The sauce was actually pretty good, but I cant think of what I'd use it on. I didnt like it on the pork. I dont like sweet meat, and this was way too sweet. Loved that it was a crockpot recipe, making it very easy, but the pork came out unusually dry. Maybe I needed more fat in the chops? The family ate it, but nobody requested seconds, or said they'd like me to make it again.
My kids even loved these! will surely make again
I forgot to rate this - not a big hit in my house.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >