Pineapple Banana Muffins Recipe
From Merritt Island, Florida, Grace Bryant writes, "Sometimes I prepare the dry ingredients and wet ingredients the night before and mix them together in the morning so the muffins are fresh and warm for breakfast."
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 medium)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, milk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bananas and pineapple.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Pineapple Banana Muffins in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p39
Reviews for Pineapple Banana Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2012
this is a comment not a review, Why would you go to the trouble to make homemade muffins and just make 6? Can this be doubled.....