Pineapple Banana Bread
This pretty loaf adds a tropical feel to any festive occasion. It's also a great way to use up your extra bananas.
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/3 cup drained crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Stir in banana,
- pineapple and coconut. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed
- mixture just until combined. Spoon into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf
- pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until bread test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 190 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.