This versatile bread can be enjoyed as a breakfast treat or simple dessert. My mother gave me the recipe. It was one of her church potluck favorites. It freezes well, too.—Grace Gibbons, Melbourne, Florida
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed banana (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the egg, oil, sugar, banana and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pineapple and nuts.
- Pour into two greased and floured 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 mini loaves.
Originally published as Pineapple Banana Bread in Reminisce Extra April 2003, p52
Reviews for Pineapple Banana Bread with Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review