Pineapple Baked Beans
Sweet and tangy pineapple dresses up these hearty baked beans, from Gladys De Boer of Castleford, Idaho. "Brown the beef while you open cans and chop the vegetables, and it won't take long to get this ready for the slow cooker."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining
- ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until bubbly. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 249 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 1,032 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 17 g protein.