Sweet and tangy pineapple dresses up these hearty baked beans, from Gladys De Boer of Castleford, Idaho. "Brown the beef while you open cans and chop the vegetables, and it won't take long to get this ready for the slow cooker."
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) baked beans
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Baked Beans in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p45
Reviews for Pineapple Baked Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review