Pineapple Au Gratin Recipe
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 70 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Drain pineapple, reserving 1-1/2 cups juice. Add juice to flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the pineapple and cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 10 minutes longer. Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over pineapple mixture. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 piece: 250 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Au Gratin
"I have made this recipe several times for pitch in dinners. Everyone raves about it, even people who say they don't like pineapple like it. Now when there is a pitch in, several people request that I bring this. It is sweet and would be great as a dessert. I did have to cook it longer than it says, but it's a wonderful crowd-pleaser!"
"MAKE SURE YOU COOK THIS FOR AT LEAST 45 MINUTES BEFORE STIRRING AND ADDING CRUMBS, 30 MINUTES IS INADEQUATE. OTHER THAN THAT, GOOD RECIPE, BUT DEFINITELY TAKES LONGER TO COOK THAN STATED."
"This is an excellent recipe, but the next time I make it I will use it for dessert instead of a side dish."