Pineapple Au Gratin Recipe
My mother, Lola Allen, has made this recipe for as long as I can remember. Most all of the recipes we serve came from Mom—a terrific cook who raised nine children.—Linda Fulkerson, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 70 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Drain pineapple, reserving 1-1/2 cups juice. Add juice to flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the pineapple and cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 10 minutes longer. Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs; sprinkle over pineapple mixture. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 250 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC