Pineapple Au Gratin
My mother, Lola Allen, has made this recipe for as long as I can remember. Most all of the recipes we serve came from Moma terrific cook who raised nine children.Linda Fulkerson, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
16-20 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cans (20 ounces each) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 70 butter-flavored crackers, crushed
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Drain pineapple, reserving
- 1-1/2 cups juice. Add juice to flour mixture and mix well. Stir in
- the pineapple and cheese. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and stir; bake 10
- minutes longer. Combine melted butter and cracker crumbs; sprinkle
- over pineapple mixture. Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield:
- 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 250 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.