Pineapple Apricot Bars Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup diced dried apricots
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the pineapple and apricots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- 3. Press 4 cups of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Spread hot pineapple mixture over crust; sprinkle with the remaining coconut mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 226 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Apricot Bars
"These were absolutely wonderful! Be ready to give away the recipe.They are so easy to make also."