- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup diced dried apricots
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 cups flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large saucepan, bring the pineapple and apricots to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 cup sugar. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in coconut and nuts.
- Press 4 cups of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Spread hot pineapple mixture over crust; sprinkle with the remaining coconut mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pineapple Apricot Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p232
Reviews for Pineapple Apricot Bars(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2009
These were absolutely wonderful! Be ready to give away the recipe.They are so easy to make also.