Pineapple-Apple Chicken Salad
This just might be the fastest chicken salad recipe ever! The fruit gives a sweet touch, the almonds a nice crunch, and the curry adds depth and color. —Priscilla Cote, New Hartford, New York
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 medium apple, chopped
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups torn mixed salad greens
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Serve with
- greens. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup chicken salad with 1 cup salad greens equals 301 calories, 16 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.