Pineapple Appetizer Meatballs Recipe
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place pineapple and 2 tablespoons juice in a large bowl (set the remaining juice aside for glaze). Add the egg, bread crumbs and pepper to pineapple. Crumble sausage and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine glaze ingredients and reserved pineapple juice. Add meatballs. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Pineapple Appetizer Meatballs
Sort By :
"These hummers are absolutely amazing! As another cook suggested, I substituted ground turkey for the beef but kept everything else the same and followed the method exactly. My family typically turns up their nose at ground turkey, so it was my little secret when I served them. My family loved this recipe so much, I wished I had made two batches! Although there is sausage included, it isn't overpowering at all. What a great change from the classic, DRY sausage balls and BBQ meatballs. This will become a regular around my house! I might add that next time I plan to turn the meatballs over half-way through the cooking time so they'll brown nicely on both sides. Scared me to death to cook them at such a high temperature, but they turned out perfectly. A big thank you to whoever provided this recipe. Yummers!"
"Followed the recipe exactly using my own homemade sausage mixture. Made the day before for the party and reheated in the microwave. The meat mixture felt surprisingly wet but shaped well in to meatballs and held their shape after cooking and reheating. Not one meatball was left. Absolutely a keeper!"
"This was so good!!! The meat is juicy, not dry at all and the glaze is excellent. Will make again!"
"I dont eat red beef so I used ground turkey mixed with sausage and that still tastes so GREAT!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!"
"Very easy and uncomplicated. I doubled the meats and after making the meatballs ended up freezing the extra for a quick meal. Also just added any extra pineapple and juice to the sauce"