Pineapple Appetizer Meatballs
Karen Mellinger Baker of Dover, Ohio blends a can of crushed pineapple into her meatballs to create a taste-tempting treat. Best of all, the sweet and tangy glaze that coats this big batch of bite-size snacks is a snap to prepare.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-mayonnaise blend
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Place pineapple and 2 tablespoons
- juice in a large bowl (set the remaining juice aside for glaze). Add
- the egg, bread crumbs and pepper to pineapple. Crumble sausage and
- beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer
- reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine glaze ingredients and reserved
- pineapple juice. Add meatballs. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.