Pineapple Angle Food Torte Recipe
In Duncansville, Pennsylvania, Jane Lynn uses a few simple ingredients to transform prepared angel food cake into an impressive dessert. "It can be whipped up in 10 minutes and adds a festive look to your table," she promises.
- 1/2 cup cold whole milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Maraschino cherries
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Stir in pineapple. Fold in whipped topping.
- 2. Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place the bottom layer on a serving plate; spread with 1-1/3 cups pineapple mixture. Repeat. Place top layer on cake; spread with remaining pineapple mixture. Sprinkle with coconut; garnish with cherries. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Angle Food Torte
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC