Pineapple Angel Dessert
Sprinkling slices of angel food cake with confectioners' sugar gives each bite a sweet and crunchy texture. Be sure to watch closely so the sugar doesn't burn.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground ginger
- 4 slices prepared angel food cake (1 inch thick)
- Confectioners' sugar
- Toasted coconut
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, sugar, cream, cinnamon
- and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cake on a baking sheet and sprinkle with
- confectioners' sugar. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or
- until golden brown. Drizzle sauce over the cake; sprinkle with
- coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.