Sprinkling slices of angel food cake with confectioners' sugar gives each bite a sweet and crunchy texture. Be sure to watch closely so the sugar doesn't burn.
Recommended: 30 Desserts Made in a 13x9 Pan
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground ginger
- 4 slices prepared angel food cake (1 inch thick)
- Confectioners' sugar
- Toasted coconut
- In a small saucepan, combine the pineapple, sugar, cream, cinnamon and ginger. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the cake on a baking sheet and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Broil 5-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle sauce over the cake; sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Angel Dessert in Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar Annual 2001
Reviews for Pineapple Angel Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2010
"It's a party in your mouth!!"