Pineapple Almond Bars Recipe
From Cynthiana, Kentucky, Janice Smith shares the recipe for these yummy bar cookies. Oats and almonds are a crunchy complement to the sweet pineapple filling.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- 1. In a food processor, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar; cover and process until blended. Add butter and extract; cover and pulse until crumbly. Remove 1/2 cup crumb mixture to a bowl; stir in sliced almonds.
- 2. Press remaining crumb mixture into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Spread preserves over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 166 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pineapple Almond Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC