Pineapple Almond Bars
From Cynthiana, Kentucky, Janice Smith shares the recipe for these yummy bar cookies. Oats and almonds are a crunchy complement to the sweet pineapple filling.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 cup pineapple preserves
- In a food processor, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar; cover
- and process until blended. Add butter and extract; cover and pulse
- until crumbly. Remove 1/2 cup crumb mixture to a bowl; stir in
- sliced almonds.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into a 9-in. square baking pan coated
- with cooking spray. Spread preserves over crust. Sprinkle with
- reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until
- golden. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: One bar equals 166 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.