Pine Nut Snowballs Recipe
My great aunt Commie’s Russian tea cakes, along with pine nuts and Amaretto, inspired this recipe, which I whipped up for my blog cookiechronicles.com. —Christianna Gozzi, Astoria, NY
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted and cooled
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place pine nuts and 1/4 cup flour in a food processor. Pulse until pine nuts are finely chopped. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in amaretto. Gradually beat in remaining flour and pine nut mixture.
- 2. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 2 minutes.
Roll warm cookies in remaining confectioners' sugar. Cool on wire racks. When cooled, reroll cookies in confectioners' sugar.
Freeze option: Freeze undecorated cookies, layered between waxed paper, in freezer containers. To use, thaw before serving. Roll cookies in confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Pine Nut Snowballs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC