- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ROSEMARY BEURRE BLANC:
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside.
- Place the bread crumbs, cheese, pine nuts, garlic, rosemary, Italian seasoning and salt in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Place egg in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter and oil. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 10-15 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- In a small saucepan, combine the wine, shallots, vinegar, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by three-fourths.
- Reduce heat to low; stir in cream. Gradually whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, allowing butter to melt between additions. Remove from the heat; stir in rosemary. Drizzle over chicken and sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pine-Nut Parmesan Chicken with Rosemary Beurre Blanc in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p198
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Pine-Nut Parmesan Chicken with Rosemary Beurre Blanc
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review