Pine Nut Pancakes
When I was a youngster, pine nuts helped me earn a Boy Scout Cooking Merit Badge. I decided on pancakes for my project. The wild combination I put together was good then and still is today.Ed Horkey, Ahwatukee, Arizona
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- 1/3 cup finely chopped banana
- 1/3 cup shredded peeled apple
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine baking mix, cereal, banana, apple, raisins and
- pine nuts. In another bowl, beat egg, milk and vanilla; stir in the
- dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn
- when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is
- golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes (prepared with reduced-fat biscuit mix) equals 242 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.