Pine Nut Dumplings in Raspberry Sauce Recipe
My Italian-inspired dessert reminds me of my grandmother. Top the warm dumplings and raspberry sauce with vanilla ice cream for a comforting treat. —Brooke Szczepanski, Gloucester, Virginia
- 4 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup merlot
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup pine nuts, toasted, divided
- 5 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low. Let simmer, uncovered, while preparing dumplings.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, rosemary and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add 1/2 cup pine nuts. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- 3. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto simmering raspberry sauce. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift the cover while simmering). Discard cinnamon stick.
- 4. Sprinkle servings with remaining pine nuts. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 366 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Pine Nut Dumplings in Raspberry Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC