Pine Nut-Crusted Tilapia
This golden-brown fish has a tender texture, nutty coating and hint of sweet honey. It’s fast to fix and can be served for a special family meal or when you want to impress guests.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, ground
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Additional honey, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pine nuts, flour, dill and
- lemon-pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine the egg, lemon juice
- and honey. Dip fillets in egg mixture, then coat with nut mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in butter over medium heat
- for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a
- fork. Drizzle with additional honey if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven