- 1/2 cup pine nuts, ground
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Additional honey, optional
- In a shallow bowl, combine the pine nuts, flour, dill and lemon-pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine the egg, lemon juice and honey. Dip fillets in egg mixture, then coat with nut mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook fillets in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drizzle with additional honey if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Pine Nut-Crusted Tilapia
Sort By :
Fish fell apart when I tried to turn it. I enjoyed the flavor, but I don't think anyone else did.
I tried this recipe tonight and it was well received by my family. Of course, I didn't follow the directions exactly. I chose to bake it at 425 degrees until it was golden brown. I placed it on non-stick foil that had been lightly coated with cooking spray. There were no leftovers!
We enjoyed this dish. I put the pine nuts, flour, dill weed and seasoning in my food processor and that worked great. The fish had a good flavor and was very moist and tasty.
Excellent recipe! I didn't have pine nuts on hand, so I used walnuts!