Pine Nut Cookies Recipe
My guests say these simple goodies are rich and delicious–like little pats of butter! Coated with pine nuts, the cookies also have a pleasant crunch.
- 1 package (7 ounces) almond paste, grated
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the almond paste and sugars until crumbly. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to almond mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. Place pine nuts in a shallow bowl. Working one at a time, with greased hands, drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into pine nuts. Place cookies nut side up 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 15-17 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool completely on baking sheets before carefully removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 68 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 0 fat.
Reviews for Pine Nut Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC